I am 18 weeks and 3 days pregnant. It’s a weird yet wonderful feeling realizing how fast this pregnancy is going by I’m almost at the half way mark and it doesn’t feel real! I have been feeling baby kick on the outside now and move around a lot more. Note to self baby loves purple crush pop works like a charm to get him or her moving like crazy. We find out the gender on Friday. For symptoms I really have nothing other than being extremely tied and hungry all the time. Also being really thirsty. Other than that I have verily any symptoms In the second trimester. My bump is now noticeable and people are commenting on my pregnancy. I feel a little bit more connected to the baby as I get some baby stuff here and their for the baby. I have slightly prepared but won’t buy to much till I know the gender. Over all I feel a lot better this week than any other week during my pregnancy. Some of my funny cravings are sour candy’s, spinach pizza, anything sweet.
These funky amazing cupcakes are sure to be a hit at any party, their unique design gives a broken glass look to them. They are great for kids parties all the way up to social events. Truly the cupcake for anything. Topped with cream cheese icing and jolly rancher toppings you can’t go wrong! Below I will teach you how to make these cupcakes step by step.
Broken glass candy topping ingredients and supplies:
- Jolly Ranchers Hard Candy
- Cooking Pan
- Parchment Paper
Vanilla Cupcake Ingredients and supplies:
- 2 Cup Milk
- 2 1/2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
- 2 1/2 cup Flour
- 2 cup sugar
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 2 Table Spoons Vegetable Oil
- 2 Tablespoons Vanilla Extract
- Baking pan
- Cupcake liners
Cream Cheese Frosting Ingredients and supplies:
- 2 Cups Cream Cheese
- 2 Tablespoons Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 a cup salted butter
- As much powdered sugar as needed I used roughly 2-5 cups of it depending on what kind of consistency I want.
- Frosting Bag
- Frosting Bag Tips
How to make the Broken Glass Toping:
- Preheat oven to 350, and put parchment paper on a baking pan.
- Unwrap all your Jolly Ranchers separating them into colour. Lay them on the pan in sections by colour.
3. Place pan in oven for 10 minutes watch closely to make sure your candy does not burn and wait till it bubbles alittle.
4. Once it starts bubbling take the pan out of the oven and set aside to cool.
5.Once your candy has completely cooled and hardened, break it with your hands into smaller chunks of candy creating the broken glass affect. You will use this later on to put on top of your cupcakes set aside till later.
How to make the vanilla cupcakes:
- Preheat your oven to 350. Add all your dry ingredients to a large mixing bowl: 2 1/2 Teaspoons Baking Powder, 2 1/2 cup Flour, 2 cup sugar, and 1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt.
2. After mixing together all your dry ingredients you want to whisk in your 2 Cup Milk, 2 Large Eggs, 2 Tablespoons Vanilla Extract and 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil. Mix Throughly.
3. Prepare your cupcake pans by putting cupcake liners in each spot of your cupcake tin.
4. Fill each cupcake Tin half way full till you have run out of batter.
5. Pop into the over for 15-25 minutes watch closely to make sure they do not burn. Wait till they are nice and puffy before taking out.
6. Once they are done take them out and set them to cool on cooling racks. You want to make sure they are cooled down before putting your icing on them. Well they are cooling move on to making the icing.
Cream cheese Icing instructions:
- Add 2 cups cream cheese to a mixing bowl.
- Than add your 2 Tablespoons Vanilla Extract. Turn your mixer on medium to slow speed and mix this together.
- Add your 1/4 a cup salted butter.
- Slowly start adding your powder sugar in well mixing on low speed once you start to get more of an icing texture turn the speed up alittle. You will add 2-4 cups powdered sugar depending on your amounts.
- Once you get to a creamy rich icing stop mixing and let it sit for a couple minute in the fridge.
Cupcake assemble instructions:
- Put your cream cheese icing into a frosting Bag.
- Grab your cupcakes and frost all of them before adding the broken glass varnish.
3. Now add your Jolly Rancher broken glass to the top of your cupcakes.
I hope you enjoyed this tutorial on how to make broken glass cupcakes!
Today I am going to teach you how to make these delicious (freezable) Apple Cinnamon Toaster Strudels. They are simple to make, taste amazing. Over all you can freeze them and have them for breakfast every morning by popping them in the Toaster! For the perfect tasty breakfast on the run. Below are all the steps you will need to make these toaster strudels. This recipe should make 8 toaster Strudels.
Ingredients for the filling:
- 2 Red Baking Apples
- 2 Table Spoons Cinnamon
- 1/2 Cup Brown sugar
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 3 Table spoons Real brick butter
- 2 Teaspoons Lemon juice
- 1/2 Cup Flour
Ingredients for the puff pastry dough:
- 2 Cups All Purpose Flour (add an extra 1/2 Cup Of Flour as your mixing till it gets to the perfect dough.
- 2 Sticks Of room temperature butter Chopped into Cubs
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Cup Cold Water
Easy tasty Icing Ingredients :
- 1/2 Cup Cream Cheese
- 1 1/4 Cup Powder Sugar
- 1 Tablespoons Vanilla Extract
Steps to make the Puff Pastry Dough:
- Add two cups All Purpose Flour to a medium sized mixing bowel. Than add 1 Teaspoon Salt and mix throughly.
- Add your two sticks of room temperature butter chopped into Cubs, mix with a fork till butter is in small pieces combined with the flour. ( doesn’t have to be perfect just mixed enough so the butter isn’t mixed into cups anymore and it is combined with the flour alittle.
- Make a hole in the middle of the flour butter mixture and pour your 1 cup water gradually well mixing.
- Once you have added the full cup cold water to the mixture you will want to use your hands to mix in the ingredients you still want little chunks of butter to be showing through in your dough but mix so it gives it a marble affect. Add that extra 1/2 cup flour as needed till it is a perfect dough.
- Put in the fright for 20 minutes to set, well it is setting work on your filling.
Steps To Make The Filling:
- Start by washing your apples and cutting chunks of apple off away from the core. You can do this by cutting two large pieces off each side of the Apple and two small pieces off remaining. You’ll be left with two large chunks and two small chunks of apple from each apple ( no need to peal the apples)
- Once you have cut your chunks of apple off you will want to cut them into small slices no more than a 1/2 cm thick than chops them side to side after to creat small little cubs of Apple.
- When you are finish preparing your apples you will warm up a large pan on medium head.
- Throw in the 2 Table spoons butter and wait till melted. Once you are done that throw in your apples coating them in the melted butter.
- Add your 1/2 cup brown sugar to the pan, mix consistently till melted. You want the brown sugar to completely coat your apples.
- Add your 2 Tablespoons Cinnamon. Mix consistently.
- Add your pinch of salt and your 1/2 cup Flour. Mix in till everything is combined.
- Add your 2 teaspoons lemon juice to the mixture and make sure everything is evenly covered, continue to stir.
- Once you have added the mixture in and the apples have been cooking on medium heat for five minutes add in one more tablespoon of butter, stir in till it is completely mixed and covered everything evenly.
- Turn down the heat to 4 or low heat. Cook for an additional 2 minutes and take off heat to let cool on the side.
Easy Tasty Icing Instructions:
- In a small pan melt your cream cheese on medium heat till it is a creamy consistency. Once it is a creamy consistency put it in a bowel.
- Than add the 1 tablespoon vanilla Extract mix throughly.
- Add in your 1 1/4 a cup powdered sugar gradually well mixing in till all of it is mixed in and set aside covered.
Instructions to make the Apple Cinnamon Toaster Strudels:
- Preheat oven to 375, line your pan with parchment paper.
- Beat 1 full egg in a bowel for coat the edges of your pastry and top of the pastry later on.
- Take you pastry dough out of the fridge and roll out on a lightly floured surface, into a thin 1/2 cm think dough. You don’t want it to thin but you don’t want it to thick.
- Once you have done that cut off the extra edges around your perimeter of your dough to make a rectangle shape.
- Cut down the centre of your rectangle
- Than cut side to side onto 4 even sections , which should give you 8 equal rectangle.
- Transfer 4 of these rectangles to your parchment paper. Lightly Line the edges with your egg mixture and add your filling roughly 1-2 Table spoons filling per pastry you can add more or less if you would like but make sure they are full.
- Once you have lined your pastry with the egg mixture and added the filling you will than take your remaining 4 rectangles and put them on top of each of your 4 filled rectangles. You will take a fork and press down on all the edges with the fork to seal them. Not only does it seal them great it creates a beautiful edge.
- Once you are done sealing all your toaster strudels, you will brush the top of each one of them with the egg mixture. Than take a knife and cut 2-4 small lines across the top just to let them breath when cooking and puff up nice do not make these small lines to big and it helps to cut them diagonally.
- Repeat these steps for the remainder of the dough and filling. Once your have completed making all 8 toaster strudels you can throw them in the oven to make for 25-30 minutes or till golden brown on top. Watch to make sure you do not burn them.
- Once they are baked set aside to cool for 5 minutes before adding your icing onto the ones you are going to eat. I do not suggest adding the icing on if your are not going to eat them right away.
- When going to freeze toss your extra icing into an easy access bag and freeze. Put your toaster strudels in a freezer bag so they stay seal and fresh. Heat up in a toaster when ready to eat and take out your icing a head of time to apply it or I usually just put cream cheese on mine in the morning it is delicious.
I hope you enjoyed our recipe please leave a comment below if you try our recipe and tell us what you think! I would love to hear feedback!
Here are 20 things to start doing today to improve your mood, your energy and over all your life! They seem simple but are very effective in feeding your mind, body and soul. Three key things to do in life to have a happy life! Starting small is the first step!
As a new mom I had no idea where to go to figure out what I really need and what was not a must have on the long list of baby stuff they give you every time you walk into a baby store. It can be down right over whelming and scary to see this long list and go do I really need this or what’s the best out of these brands. Well I’m here as a second time mom, with 1 one year old and baby due in June. Here are Top Ten Must Haves For The First 3 Months.
- Dr.brown baby bottle Set- $27.97 This baby bottle set was perfect for my little one when she was breast feeding and getting breast milk in a bottle well I worked when she was 6 weeks old + these bottles never confused her and worked great to bottle and breast feed her. They helped prevent gas and colic. She was always happy after using them and didn’t have to many burps over all 5 star bottle in my opinion very affordable and BPA free. This set retails for around $27.87 CAD. Well worth the money. I used them to feed my daughter my breast milk in and than used them along breast feeding she loved them and loved bonding with her dad when he got feed her. It comes with 3 big bottles and two little bottles. 2 caps, bottle cap covers and the nipples.
- Aveeno Calming Baby Bubble Bath- $13.27 for 532ml bottle. (Last a long time) This bubble bath/ head to toe was wonderful for my daughter when she was born and we still use it now. It keeps her skin and hair soft. It has never dried out her skin, has always kept her baby smooth and smelling great. It’s a very gentle soap I trust and will be using with the second baby. It last a very long time because you only need a little when they at first born I think a bottle lasted us 5 months the first time. That’s with giving our daughter a bath every other night when she was little. The smell is great and settle not to strong. This retails for around $13.27 CAD Dollar. One soap I rave about to people with little ones.
3.Sudocrem® Diaper Rash Cream- $7.87 This diaper rash cream is the best cream I have ever used. It works wonders for diaper rash, helps prevent diaper rash, and alittle goes a long ways. I bought the medium sized container and it lasted me probably close to 9 months maybe ever longer. It is still a cream I use on my toddler today well she is wearing diapers half the time/ potty training the other half. It keeps her rashes at bay and she is always left with a soft baby but never any redness or irritation. It’s gentle on them and soothes the rash. It is defiantly a must have on my list for the first 3+ months. This is one of the most raved about diaper rash creams you’ll hear about from other moms. It retails for around $7.97 CAD dollar for the medium sized bottle.
4.AVEENO® Baby Calming Comfort Lavender and Vanilla Lotion- $13.27 532ml bottle.
This baby lotion is one of the best I have used. I have tried the honest company, Johnson’s and nothing measured up to the moisture this one provides for your little one and the amazing smell of this lotion. It is gentle on the skin, and makes them smell so good. This retails for around $13.27 CAD Dollar.
5.Safety 1st IH3400300 Ready! Growing Baby Nursery Kit- $29.97
This was a must have kit for our little one when she was born, it has everything you could need. It is on the more expensive side but it has everything from combs and brushes, Baby nail clippers, little nail files, etc. It’s the perfect kit for parents who are expecting their first or 4th baby whatever stage your at it’s defiantly a must have in my mind.
Not sponsored for any of these, just my own personal opinion.
My top five beauty products I can’t live without. We all have those beauty products we just can’t live without, Below are some of my favourite beauty products I use on a daily bases. Let me know in the comments what are your Top 5 beauty products you can’t live without?
- L’Oreal Paris Voluminous Lash Paradise- $10.93
My number one favourite mascara in the world! I have tried so many mascaras but this one is at the top of my list. This is a must have in my makeup bag. The brush works through your lashes leaving them full and perfectly separated, you can use one to two coats to get the perfect dramatic lashes. I find it also gives the illusion of long full lashes. This retails for around $10.93CAD dollar.
2. NYC New York Color Lovatics by Demi Eyeshadow Palette- $7.97
The NYC New York Color Lovatics Palette is an amazing, affordable palette. This Palette is long wear, doesn’t crease as much as other affordable palettes. It is very pigmented and the colours are amazing! If you are looking for an affordable makeup palette that is good quality check out this NYC palette. The one I always buy is in the natural shades. It is completely worth the money you are paying for it. This retails for around $7.97 CAD dollar.
3. COVERGIRL Katy Kat Matte Lipstick- $8.47
I am completely In love with this covergirl lipstick. I have never had better luck with any other lipstick I have tried. Not only is it affordable, but works amazingly. There are always going to mix reviews on products but when I purchased mine and wore it out to dinner that first night it held up great. It did fade a-little but over all at the end of the night It was still their. This is another makeup product I can not live without in my daily life. It is very affordable retailing at $8.47 CAD Dollar. If your looking for an affordable comfortable lipstick that is matte this could be the one for you.
4. St. Ives Blemish Control Apricot Facial Scrub- $4.57
St.Ives blemish control apricot facial scrub has always worked wonders on my skin. I have been using this facial scrub since before highschool. Every time i stop using it I always regret it because my face breaks out and becomes red. I love this affordable facial scrub for many reasons not only does it clean your skin very well, it strips the dead skin away, cleans your pores and leaves your face feeling fresh. I use this once a day usually at night. And it works wonders for me. It always leaves my skin feeling great. I find it helps reduce my redness in my skin, helps prevent pimples and blackheads and keeps my pores clean and minimized. But that’s just what I see it do to my skin everyone is different but I highly suggest you give it a try if your looking for an affordable face scrub. This one retails for around $4.57 CAD dollar.
5. Essie Nail Polish- $8.96
I can not say enough good things about Essie nail polish. I have been using this brand for 4 years now and love their colours, the way the nail polish drys quick, how you don’t technically need a top coat if your in a rush. It does require usually a two coat application like most nail polishes. If your looking for a quick, affordable nail polish I would try out a Essie polish. They are very pigmented, easy application, dry and dry quick. They retail for around $8.96 CAD dollar.
Those are my top five beauty products I can’t live without. Let me know Below your Top 5 beauty products you can’t live a day without in the comments!
Disclaimer I am not sponsored for any of these products they are strictly my own opinion.