These funky amazing cupcakes are sure to be a hit at any party, their unique design gives a broken glass look to them. They are great for kids parties all the way up to social events. Truly the cupcake for anything. Topped with cream cheese icing and jolly rancher toppings you can’t go wrong! Below I will teach you how to make these cupcakes step by step.
Broken glass candy topping ingredients and supplies:
- Jolly Ranchers Hard Candy
- Cooking Pan
- Parchment Paper
Vanilla Cupcake Ingredients and supplies:
- 2 Cup Milk
- 2 1/2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
- 2 1/2 cup Flour
- 2 cup sugar
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 2 Table Spoons Vegetable Oil
- 2 Tablespoons Vanilla Extract
- Baking pan
- Cupcake liners
Cream Cheese Frosting Ingredients and supplies:
- 2 Cups Cream Cheese
- 2 Tablespoons Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 a cup salted butter
- As much powdered sugar as needed I used roughly 2-5 cups of it depending on what kind of consistency I want.
- Frosting Bag
- Frosting Bag Tips
How to make the Broken Glass Toping:
- Preheat oven to 350, and put parchment paper on a baking pan.
- Unwrap all your Jolly Ranchers separating them into colour. Lay them on the pan in sections by colour.
3. Place pan in oven for 10 minutes watch closely to make sure your candy does not burn and wait till it bubbles alittle.
4. Once it starts bubbling take the pan out of the oven and set aside to cool.
5.Once your candy has completely cooled and hardened, break it with your hands into smaller chunks of candy creating the broken glass affect. You will use this later on to put on top of your cupcakes set aside till later.
How to make the vanilla cupcakes:
- Preheat your oven to 350. Add all your dry ingredients to a large mixing bowl: 2 1/2 Teaspoons Baking Powder, 2 1/2 cup Flour, 2 cup sugar, and 1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt.
2. After mixing together all your dry ingredients you want to whisk in your 2 Cup Milk, 2 Large Eggs, 2 Tablespoons Vanilla Extract and 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil. Mix Throughly.
3. Prepare your cupcake pans by putting cupcake liners in each spot of your cupcake tin.
4. Fill each cupcake Tin half way full till you have run out of batter.
5. Pop into the over for 15-25 minutes watch closely to make sure they do not burn. Wait till they are nice and puffy before taking out.
6. Once they are done take them out and set them to cool on cooling racks. You want to make sure they are cooled down before putting your icing on them. Well they are cooling move on to making the icing.
Cream cheese Icing instructions:
- Add 2 cups cream cheese to a mixing bowl.
- Than add your 2 Tablespoons Vanilla Extract. Turn your mixer on medium to slow speed and mix this together.
- Add your 1/4 a cup salted butter.
- Slowly start adding your powder sugar in well mixing on low speed once you start to get more of an icing texture turn the speed up alittle. You will add 2-4 cups powdered sugar depending on your amounts.
- Once you get to a creamy rich icing stop mixing and let it sit for a couple minute in the fridge.
Cupcake assemble instructions:
- Put your cream cheese icing into a frosting Bag.
- Grab your cupcakes and frost all of them before adding the broken glass varnish.
3. Now add your Jolly Rancher broken glass to the top of your cupcakes.
I hope you enjoyed this tutorial on how to make broken glass cupcakes!