Today I am going to teach you how to make these delicious (freezable) Apple Cinnamon Toaster Strudels. They are simple to make, taste amazing. Over all you can freeze them and have them for breakfast every morning by popping them in the Toaster! For the perfect tasty breakfast on the run. Below are all the steps you will need to make these toaster strudels. This recipe should make 8 toaster Strudels.
Ingredients for the filling:
- 2 Red Baking Apples
- 2 Table Spoons Cinnamon
- 1/2 Cup Brown sugar
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 3 Table spoons Real brick butter
- 2 Teaspoons Lemon juice
- 1/2 Cup Flour
Ingredients for the puff pastry dough:
- 2 Cups All Purpose Flour (add an extra 1/2 Cup Of Flour as your mixing till it gets to the perfect dough.
- 2 Sticks Of room temperature butter Chopped into Cubs
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Cup Cold Water
Easy tasty Icing Ingredients :
- 1/2 Cup Cream Cheese
- 1 1/4 Cup Powder Sugar
- 1 Tablespoons Vanilla Extract
Steps to make the Puff Pastry Dough:
- Add two cups All Purpose Flour to a medium sized mixing bowel. Than add 1 Teaspoon Salt and mix throughly.
- Add your two sticks of room temperature butter chopped into Cubs, mix with a fork till butter is in small pieces combined with the flour. ( doesn’t have to be perfect just mixed enough so the butter isn’t mixed into cups anymore and it is combined with the flour alittle.
- Make a hole in the middle of the flour butter mixture and pour your 1 cup water gradually well mixing.
- Once you have added the full cup cold water to the mixture you will want to use your hands to mix in the ingredients you still want little chunks of butter to be showing through in your dough but mix so it gives it a marble affect. Add that extra 1/2 cup flour as needed till it is a perfect dough.
- Put in the fright for 20 minutes to set, well it is setting work on your filling.
Steps To Make The Filling:
- Start by washing your apples and cutting chunks of apple off away from the core. You can do this by cutting two large pieces off each side of the Apple and two small pieces off remaining. You’ll be left with two large chunks and two small chunks of apple from each apple ( no need to peal the apples)
- Once you have cut your chunks of apple off you will want to cut them into small slices no more than a 1/2 cm thick than chops them side to side after to creat small little cubs of Apple.
- When you are finish preparing your apples you will warm up a large pan on medium head.
- Throw in the 2 Table spoons butter and wait till melted. Once you are done that throw in your apples coating them in the melted butter.
- Add your 1/2 cup brown sugar to the pan, mix consistently till melted. You want the brown sugar to completely coat your apples.
- Add your 2 Tablespoons Cinnamon. Mix consistently.
- Add your pinch of salt and your 1/2 cup Flour. Mix in till everything is combined.
- Add your 2 teaspoons lemon juice to the mixture and make sure everything is evenly covered, continue to stir.
- Once you have added the mixture in and the apples have been cooking on medium heat for five minutes add in one more tablespoon of butter, stir in till it is completely mixed and covered everything evenly.
- Turn down the heat to 4 or low heat. Cook for an additional 2 minutes and take off heat to let cool on the side.
Easy Tasty Icing Instructions:
- In a small pan melt your cream cheese on medium heat till it is a creamy consistency. Once it is a creamy consistency put it in a bowel.
- Than add the 1 tablespoon vanilla Extract mix throughly.
- Add in your 1 1/4 a cup powdered sugar gradually well mixing in till all of it is mixed in and set aside covered.
Instructions to make the Apple Cinnamon Toaster Strudels:
- Preheat oven to 375, line your pan with parchment paper.
- Beat 1 full egg in a bowel for coat the edges of your pastry and top of the pastry later on.
- Take you pastry dough out of the fridge and roll out on a lightly floured surface, into a thin 1/2 cm think dough. You don’t want it to thin but you don’t want it to thick.
- Once you have done that cut off the extra edges around your perimeter of your dough to make a rectangle shape.
- Cut down the centre of your rectangle
- Than cut side to side onto 4 even sections , which should give you 8 equal rectangle.
- Transfer 4 of these rectangles to your parchment paper. Lightly Line the edges with your egg mixture and add your filling roughly 1-2 Table spoons filling per pastry you can add more or less if you would like but make sure they are full.
- Once you have lined your pastry with the egg mixture and added the filling you will than take your remaining 4 rectangles and put them on top of each of your 4 filled rectangles. You will take a fork and press down on all the edges with the fork to seal them. Not only does it seal them great it creates a beautiful edge.
- Once you are done sealing all your toaster strudels, you will brush the top of each one of them with the egg mixture. Than take a knife and cut 2-4 small lines across the top just to let them breath when cooking and puff up nice do not make these small lines to big and it helps to cut them diagonally.
- Repeat these steps for the remainder of the dough and filling. Once your have completed making all 8 toaster strudels you can throw them in the oven to make for 25-30 minutes or till golden brown on top. Watch to make sure you do not burn them.
- Once they are baked set aside to cool for 5 minutes before adding your icing onto the ones you are going to eat. I do not suggest adding the icing on if your are not going to eat them right away.
- When going to freeze toss your extra icing into an easy access bag and freeze. Put your toaster strudels in a freezer bag so they stay seal and fresh. Heat up in a toaster when ready to eat and take out your icing a head of time to apply it or I usually just put cream cheese on mine in the morning it is delicious.
I hope you enjoyed our recipe please leave a comment below if you try our recipe and tell us what you think! I would love to hear feedback!