This amazing and easy Greek salad recipe is sure to be a hit amongst your family from its colourful looks to its delicious taste no one will be complaining. This quick and easy Greek salad recipe is one of my favourites. I make it as often as possible, because the bowel is always left empty at the end of the night. Below are the ingredients and instructions on how to make this wonderful Greek salad.
- 1/2 Cup Grated Carrot.
- 1/2 Cup Purple Cabbage (Chopped)
- 2 Cups Chopped Romanian Lettuce
- 6-8 chopped round olives of your choice.
- 1/3 a Cup Chopped Red Onion.
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Cucumber
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Cherry Tomatoes
- Feta cheese
- Greek Salad Dressing
- First thing you should do is get out a large bowel for your salad to be tossed in. Get out your knifes, cutting board, the grater, and all your supplies, make sure you wash your vegetables.
- Once you have everything prepped and ready to go. We will start with grading up the 1/2 cup carrot. Once you have grated 1/2 cup carrot and added it into the bowel you can move on to chopping up your red onion.
- Chop your red onion into small pieces, you don’t want them to big or they will over power every bite you take. Add that to the bowel and give your first section of your salad a stir we do this to help the flavours mix and set better in the salad.
- Chop up you 1/2 cup Purple Cabbage. Finely chop it leaving it in longer pieces like your grated carrot but thin sliced. Add this to the bowel when done and mix again let the salad sit off to the side.
- Chop up your olives, cucumber and cherry tomatoes, add them to the bowel at the same time to let the flavours have time to sit well together.
- Than chop up your Romanian lettuce and add into the bowel. Toss this salad for a couple minutes making sure everything is mixed together well. Cover it and set in fridge to let sit for 5-10 minutes.
- Well this is sitting in the fridge we will get out our feta, cut up some fresh lemon slices to be juiced on top later and your Greek dressing.
- Take out your salad and add the feta cheese. Toss your salad well after doing this and if your not ready to serve the salad yet. Cover it up and set in the fridge for now, till you are ready to serve it.
- Once you are ready to serve your delicious salad you will squeeze 4 lemon wedges above the salad all over, than add as much Greek salad dressing as desired and toss your salad. Than it is ready to serve! Enjoy!
I hope you enjoyed our quick and simple step by step recipe! This salad is sure to become one of your favourites at the dinner table. Enjoy your salad and happy eating!