The best garlic bread recipe is easy to make and awesome to serve at any supper. This Garlic bread recipe taste a lot like restaurant garlic bread. It is my own recipe and can make up to 3 small loafs and 8 bread sticks Or just bread sticks roughly 20+. Below are the simple steps to make the best garlic bread ever that will be a hit with your family and friends.
Ingredients for the dough:
- 4 Tablespoons of soften butter.
- 2 Tablespoons of salt
- 4 Cups flour
- 1 Packet of active dry yest.
- 1-2 Cups of water but add slowly and need in. ( might need more than two cups)
- 2 Table spoons sugar.
- 1 teaspoon garlic.
Ingredients for the topping glaze:
- 4 Tablespoons butter.
- 2-3 Tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 Tablespoons Italian spice.
- Mix 1 cup warm water with the dry active yeast in a Small Bowel, let sit for 5 minutes till it is foamy.
- Grab a Large mixing bowel, add the 4 cups flour, 2 Table spoons salt, 1 Teaspoon garlic powder and 2 Table spoons sugar. Mix all dry ingredients together than add the softened butter and mix thoroughly. You will notice the butter just kinda clumps that’s okay. You just want it mixed in the best you can till you add your wet ingredients.
- Add the water yeast mixture into the bowel slowly well mixing together. Add more water as needed till a dough is formed but make sure you are mixing it throughly with your hands. I always add a little butter onto my hands to help it from sticking.
- You want your dough to be just a little sticky. But not so much that it’s sticking to your hands. Once your dough is done set it off to the side to rise for 15-20 minutes.
- Well your dough is rising get your cooking pans ready. I use 2 cooking pans with parchment paper on them.
- Than in a small pot, I melt 4 tablespoons butter. Than add in the garlic powder and Italian seasoning. This will make a great base you will brush on half way through cooking.
- Once your dough is done setting grab a mediums sized chuck off the dough ball. About the size of a small loaf of bread. Remember the bread will rise in the oven. Make 3 small loafs. (If your making bread sticks just roll out think stretched out rolls of dough into your pan make sure they aren’t to big. Make them into bread stick shapes and lengths.
- Once you are done making your 3 small loafs make the remainder into bread sticks. Take the glaze you made and brush it onto your bread before popping in the oven. Do the same with the bread sticks.
- Bake your small loafs at 400 degrees, for 15-25 minutes watch closely to make sure they do not burn. You will want to brush on that butter topping half ways through and let them cook for the remaining minutes. Your bread sticks will need half the time to cook compared to the bread. Anywhere from 10-15 minutes.
Once they are done they will be a little brown on the bottom and sides. Slice and eat! I hope you enjoyed my best garlic bread recipe ever. I hope you enjoy your garlic bread!