BOY! We are having a boy! We found out yesterday that baby #2 is a baby boy! We are over the moon excited to have our perfect family of four! 💕
When you are looking to buy your first home and take on the huge responsibility of adult hood their can be a lot of things for first time home buyers that they have no idea in. It can be very stressful and confusing. I am here to help! Here are my top five tips to help you on your way when buying your first house.
- Budget! Budget! Budget! Before you even start the idea of looking at a house to buy, you need to set up a budgeting plan. This is something a lot of first time home buys go nah I’ll be fine. Trust me we all say that. I highly suggest starting a written budget plan, there are lots of methods to use well budgeting. You can use a budget binder, budget envelopes, or budget book. Are all great places to start. If you go to Michaels craft store they have budget books. I get mine their and write out all my monthly cost, out saving plans and what we actually spend. I keep a strict list of all our spending and eating out, bills, to left over money at the end of the month. Once you start doing this you will create a savings plan. This saving plan can either help go towards the down payment or become a emergency fund which you will need to make along side your mortgage payments, the reason I say this is because if anything were to happen you want to have an emergency fund to help you pay for you home till your back on your feet. So budget budget budget! And implement a savings plan!
- What hidden cost! When buying a house their are a lot of hidden cost no one tells you about. Here’s an example. You will need 5% of your purchase price to put down on the home! That can range anywhere from 10,000-20,000 dollars. Than you will need 5,000 roughly to put down as a deposit on your house you want to buy to make an offer and hold your offer this covers your but well for a week into the deal where u can back out and get your money back if you decide not to go through with the house. But that deposit goes towards your total down payment/mortgage on the house too. You will need to save 1000-2000 dollars for closing fee’s on a house. This one is a huge responsibility because it has to be paid in order for you to get the house. This is why I said above budgeting is a must before you even start looking at houses you will need to either put away 7000 and borrow the rest for the down from family or their are options to borrow money for your down payment from a bank that you pay back over a 5 year term on top of your mortgage. Look into first time home buyer programs in your area sometimes they have down payment grants too but over all you will need to start a savings account and get a budget going to be mostly prepared for the hidden costs.
- What to ask as a home buyer. When you are buying your first home I suggest asking as many questions as possible. No matter how little or how big. Also do a lot of research before buying your first home. We spent 6 months researching and looking at different houses before narrowing down 3 houses in our lower area of our price range. Ask questions like what are the taxes on the property a year, if their are any condo fee’s, is their a gas furnace or a power furnace, how long has it been on the market, we’re their any previous offers, is their a quick possession date or a lengthy possession period, are the sellers willing to move on the price, do the appliances come with the house, what is the rough power, water, gas bill a month something they can find that out for you. When talking to a banker always ask if they have any programs for first time home buyers. Is their any down payment plans, what would be my pre approval interest rate, what can I get pre approved for so I know my max budget on buying a house. Their are many questions to be asked when buying as house so feel free to ask all your questions.
- Credit and Interest Rates. When buying your first home something you need to consider is your credit score. If you do not have a credit, you will want to start building one buy using a credit card which I caution you it is easy to go into debt with a credit card so be responsible. You will need to have a credit score of 600 -780 to be approved for a mortgage. The reason you need a medium to high credit score is so the bank knows your history of paying back money, and what your reliable for. Having good credit score means you have paid back your debts and always made sure you were in the good. Along side good credit score you want to lock in the lowest interest rate you can on your mortgage! Why you may ask we’ll locking in the lowest Interest rate in a Mortgage makes your payments less a month which only benefits you! You will need to be approved at the highest interest rate when applying for a mortgage which is roughly at that 4% Mark. But if you can get a pre approved mortgage at an interest rate of 3 % – 3.5% your looking at lower payments and more money in your pocket. Always ask your mortgage broker to try to get you in at the lowest interest rates if possible. Make sure you find a trusting mortgage broker who actually cares about the affordability for you not just wanting to make cash off your purchase. I can’t stress that enough. But don’t look at 20 different banks for pre approved mortgages because that will lower your credit score every time they check your credit. Look online to see the lowest interest rates for mortgages and pick your bank that way. Or go with whatever bank you have your debit card through because most will work with you to get you to stay at the bank you have been loyal to for years.
- Making a Plan and Checking Affordability: Making a plan and checking your affordability factor when buying your first home is a must. Write out all your bills each month, including groceries, gas, and necessities. Than write out how much you can afford. When we were buying a house I wrote down our estimated mortgage, house insurance, loan, taxes, and condo fee’s. Than I added on our power bill, water bill, heating bill, gas, car payments, groceries, everything for the entire month and check the affordability of it for us as a family. If it didn’t work I knew I needed to either look for a cheaper house or pinch penny’s somewhere. We went lower on our budget to give us 1000-1300 dollars extra a month for expenses. You want to have that extra money just in case and to put away in your emergency fund each month. I highly suggest using online mortgage calculators to help you get our best estimate for mortgage payments, look up house insurance plans and prices, make sure you cover all your bases before hand. You don’t want to buy the house unprepared.
Thanks for reading my top five thing you need to know when buying first house wishing you luck on your first time home purchase!
I am 18 weeks and 3 days pregnant. It’s a weird yet wonderful feeling realizing how fast this pregnancy is going by I’m almost at the half way mark and it doesn’t feel real! I have been feeling baby kick on the outside now and move around a lot more. Note to self baby loves purple crush pop works like a charm to get him or her moving like crazy. We find out the gender on Friday. For symptoms I really have nothing other than being extremely tied and hungry all the time. Also being really thirsty. Other than that I have verily any symptoms In the second trimester. My bump is now noticeable and people are commenting on my pregnancy. I feel a little bit more connected to the baby as I get some baby stuff here and their for the baby. I have slightly prepared but won’t buy to much till I know the gender. Over all I feel a lot better this week than any other week during my pregnancy. Some of my funny cravings are sour candy’s, spinach pizza, anything sweet.
These funky amazing cupcakes are sure to be a hit at any party, their unique design gives a broken glass look to them. They are great for kids parties all the way up to social events. Truly the cupcake for anything. Topped with cream cheese icing and jolly rancher toppings you can’t go wrong! Below I will teach you how to make these cupcakes step by step.
Broken glass candy topping ingredients and supplies:
- Jolly Ranchers Hard Candy
- Cooking Pan
- Parchment Paper
Vanilla Cupcake Ingredients and supplies:
- 2 Cup Milk
- 2 1/2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
- 2 1/2 cup Flour
- 2 cup sugar
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 2 Table Spoons Vegetable Oil
- 2 Tablespoons Vanilla Extract
- Baking pan
- Cupcake liners
Cream Cheese Frosting Ingredients and supplies:
- 2 Cups Cream Cheese
- 2 Tablespoons Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 a cup salted butter
- As much powdered sugar as needed I used roughly 2-5 cups of it depending on what kind of consistency I want.
- Frosting Bag
- Frosting Bag Tips
How to make the Broken Glass Toping:
- Preheat oven to 350, and put parchment paper on a baking pan.
- Unwrap all your Jolly Ranchers separating them into colour. Lay them on the pan in sections by colour.
3. Place pan in oven for 10 minutes watch closely to make sure your candy does not burn and wait till it bubbles alittle.
4. Once it starts bubbling take the pan out of the oven and set aside to cool.
5.Once your candy has completely cooled and hardened, break it with your hands into smaller chunks of candy creating the broken glass affect. You will use this later on to put on top of your cupcakes set aside till later.
How to make the vanilla cupcakes:
- Preheat your oven to 350. Add all your dry ingredients to a large mixing bowl: 2 1/2 Teaspoons Baking Powder, 2 1/2 cup Flour, 2 cup sugar, and 1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt.
2. After mixing together all your dry ingredients you want to whisk in your 2 Cup Milk, 2 Large Eggs, 2 Tablespoons Vanilla Extract and 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil. Mix Throughly.
3. Prepare your cupcake pans by putting cupcake liners in each spot of your cupcake tin.
4. Fill each cupcake Tin half way full till you have run out of batter.
5. Pop into the over for 15-25 minutes watch closely to make sure they do not burn. Wait till they are nice and puffy before taking out.
6. Once they are done take them out and set them to cool on cooling racks. You want to make sure they are cooled down before putting your icing on them. Well they are cooling move on to making the icing.
Cream cheese Icing instructions:
- Add 2 cups cream cheese to a mixing bowl.
- Than add your 2 Tablespoons Vanilla Extract. Turn your mixer on medium to slow speed and mix this together.
- Add your 1/4 a cup salted butter.
- Slowly start adding your powder sugar in well mixing on low speed once you start to get more of an icing texture turn the speed up alittle. You will add 2-4 cups powdered sugar depending on your amounts.
- Once you get to a creamy rich icing stop mixing and let it sit for a couple minute in the fridge.
Cupcake assemble instructions:
- Put your cream cheese icing into a frosting Bag.
- Grab your cupcakes and frost all of them before adding the broken glass varnish.
3. Now add your Jolly Rancher broken glass to the top of your cupcakes.
I hope you enjoyed this tutorial on how to make broken glass cupcakes!
Today I am going to teach you how to make these delicious (freezable) Apple Cinnamon Toaster Strudels. They are simple to make, taste amazing. Over all you can freeze them and have them for breakfast every morning by popping them in the Toaster! For the perfect tasty breakfast on the run. Below are all the steps you will need to make these toaster strudels. This recipe should make 8 toaster Strudels.
Ingredients for the filling:
- 2 Red Baking Apples
- 2 Table Spoons Cinnamon
- 1/2 Cup Brown sugar
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 3 Table spoons Real brick butter
- 2 Teaspoons Lemon juice
- 1/2 Cup Flour
Ingredients for the puff pastry dough:
- 2 Cups All Purpose Flour (add an extra 1/2 Cup Of Flour as your mixing till it gets to the perfect dough.
- 2 Sticks Of room temperature butter Chopped into Cubs
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Cup Cold Water
Easy tasty Icing Ingredients :
- 1/2 Cup Cream Cheese
- 1 1/4 Cup Powder Sugar
- 1 Tablespoons Vanilla Extract
Steps to make the Puff Pastry Dough:
- Add two cups All Purpose Flour to a medium sized mixing bowel. Than add 1 Teaspoon Salt and mix throughly.
- Add your two sticks of room temperature butter chopped into Cubs, mix with a fork till butter is in small pieces combined with the flour. ( doesn’t have to be perfect just mixed enough so the butter isn’t mixed into cups anymore and it is combined with the flour alittle.
- Make a hole in the middle of the flour butter mixture and pour your 1 cup water gradually well mixing.
- Once you have added the full cup cold water to the mixture you will want to use your hands to mix in the ingredients you still want little chunks of butter to be showing through in your dough but mix so it gives it a marble affect. Add that extra 1/2 cup flour as needed till it is a perfect dough.
- Put in the fright for 20 minutes to set, well it is setting work on your filling.
Steps To Make The Filling:
- Start by washing your apples and cutting chunks of apple off away from the core. You can do this by cutting two large pieces off each side of the Apple and two small pieces off remaining. You’ll be left with two large chunks and two small chunks of apple from each apple ( no need to peal the apples)
- Once you have cut your chunks of apple off you will want to cut them into small slices no more than a 1/2 cm thick than chops them side to side after to creat small little cubs of Apple.
- When you are finish preparing your apples you will warm up a large pan on medium head.
- Throw in the 2 Table spoons butter and wait till melted. Once you are done that throw in your apples coating them in the melted butter.
- Add your 1/2 cup brown sugar to the pan, mix consistently till melted. You want the brown sugar to completely coat your apples.
- Add your 2 Tablespoons Cinnamon. Mix consistently.
- Add your pinch of salt and your 1/2 cup Flour. Mix in till everything is combined.
- Add your 2 teaspoons lemon juice to the mixture and make sure everything is evenly covered, continue to stir.
- Once you have added the mixture in and the apples have been cooking on medium heat for five minutes add in one more tablespoon of butter, stir in till it is completely mixed and covered everything evenly.
- Turn down the heat to 4 or low heat. Cook for an additional 2 minutes and take off heat to let cool on the side.
Easy Tasty Icing Instructions:
- In a small pan melt your cream cheese on medium heat till it is a creamy consistency. Once it is a creamy consistency put it in a bowel.
- Than add the 1 tablespoon vanilla Extract mix throughly.
- Add in your 1 1/4 a cup powdered sugar gradually well mixing in till all of it is mixed in and set aside covered.
Instructions to make the Apple Cinnamon Toaster Strudels:
- Preheat oven to 375, line your pan with parchment paper.
- Beat 1 full egg in a bowel for coat the edges of your pastry and top of the pastry later on.
- Take you pastry dough out of the fridge and roll out on a lightly floured surface, into a thin 1/2 cm think dough. You don’t want it to thin but you don’t want it to thick.
- Once you have done that cut off the extra edges around your perimeter of your dough to make a rectangle shape.
- Cut down the centre of your rectangle
- Than cut side to side onto 4 even sections , which should give you 8 equal rectangle.
- Transfer 4 of these rectangles to your parchment paper. Lightly Line the edges with your egg mixture and add your filling roughly 1-2 Table spoons filling per pastry you can add more or less if you would like but make sure they are full.
- Once you have lined your pastry with the egg mixture and added the filling you will than take your remaining 4 rectangles and put them on top of each of your 4 filled rectangles. You will take a fork and press down on all the edges with the fork to seal them. Not only does it seal them great it creates a beautiful edge.
- Once you are done sealing all your toaster strudels, you will brush the top of each one of them with the egg mixture. Than take a knife and cut 2-4 small lines across the top just to let them breath when cooking and puff up nice do not make these small lines to big and it helps to cut them diagonally.
- Repeat these steps for the remainder of the dough and filling. Once your have completed making all 8 toaster strudels you can throw them in the oven to make for 25-30 minutes or till golden brown on top. Watch to make sure you do not burn them.
- Once they are baked set aside to cool for 5 minutes before adding your icing onto the ones you are going to eat. I do not suggest adding the icing on if your are not going to eat them right away.
- When going to freeze toss your extra icing into an easy access bag and freeze. Put your toaster strudels in a freezer bag so they stay seal and fresh. Heat up in a toaster when ready to eat and take out your icing a head of time to apply it or I usually just put cream cheese on mine in the morning it is delicious.
I hope you enjoyed our recipe please leave a comment below if you try our recipe and tell us what you think! I would love to hear feedback!
Here are 20 things to start doing today to improve your mood, your energy and over all your life! They seem simple but are very effective in feeding your mind, body and soul. Three key things to do in life to have a happy life! Starting small is the first step!